Download IEE Paper Format >>
Download IEE Copyright Form >>
Upload your Copyright Form >>
IEEE plagiarism policy:
- Level One pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of a full paper, or the verbatim copying of a major portion (> 50%), or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s)
- Level Two pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of large portion (between 20-50%) or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s).
- Level Three pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of individual elements (paragraph(s), sentence(s), illustration(s), etc.) resulting in a significant portion (up to 20%) within a paper.
- Level Four pertains to uncredited improper paraphrasing of pages or paragraphs.
- Level Five pertains to the credited verbatim copying of a major portion of a paper without clear delineation. (e.g., quotes or indents)
There are several possible Corrective Actions that are available. Depending on the level of misconduct, one or all may be applied:
- Notice of violation in Xplore
- Prohibition from publishing in IEEE or periodical
- Rejection and return of papers in review and queues
- Referral to the IEEE Ethics and Member Conduct Committee
- Repeat offenders subject to increased penalty